Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Moving visuals depending on screen resolution

Hello,

For all users I would like to create te same PowerBI experience. Unfortunatly it seems like visuals are moving all over the place depending on screen resolution of the user. Most notible with small images and buttons. Is there a possibility to lock theses visuals accordingly?

Thanks a lot!

7 REPLIES 7
matrixler
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem - is there any fix? The "solutions" in this thread don't help me.

lamlv723
Regular Visitor

I got the same issue. I have a 13" laptop connecting to 27". What I change in 27" will work correctly in that 27" only, and vice versa...

My report has many visual connecting together and it position need to be correct in every pixel. Hope that there is a solution to prevent this.

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Unfortunatly, I'm still looking for a solution

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @v-jayw-msft,

Unfortunatly this only prevents moving/resizing by users. I'm looking for a solution that prevents moving visuals caused by automatic screen scaling. 

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PVO3 ,

You may try Lock objects feature.

When you’re interacting with your report, either to test it out or as part of your analysis process, it’s easy to accidently nudge a chart a little to the left or right. To help with this problem, we’ve added a button to the View tab to lock all the objects on your report. This will turn off resize and move, so you don’t have to worry about messing with your layout as you interact with your report. This setting isn’t saved with the report, so you’ll need to enable it any time you want to use it.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Burningsuit thanks for your reply.

Good to know 'hard codeing' a size can cause this issue. There are pages in the report that are hard coded (tooltips), but they appear as expected. Pages with this problem all have 16:9.

For instance; I have a 13" laptop connected to a 27" monitor. In desktop I created visuals with correct placement on the 27". When I open the report in service, it will automaticly open on my 13". It is then displayed correctly. But, when I move my browser to my 27" screen, some visuals will jump up an inch.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PVO3 

What are your settings for the "Page Size" of the Report Canvas ? If you are hard codeing a page size, width and height in pixels, you'll get differences with different screen resolutions. However if you select 16:9 (or possibly 4:3) that is an aspect ratio, and reports will scale to fit the window and screen resolution.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors