Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cottrera
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Moving from Pro licence to Premium

Hi Community

I have been the working with power bi for 3.5 years now for a small organisation of 450 employees and 150-200 report consumers (end users) Up until 9 months ago there were only two report creates in the business. Myself and one other. The other created very basic reports and did very little data modelling. As for myself I work with the data warehouse teams closely (Currently learning SQL)
Due to the structure of the business, I mean that I am the report architect, developer, designer. I deal with feedback and keeping the reports maintained, amended and current, secure and version controlled. I am also responsible to power bi service admin, publishing, monitoring refresh, workspace permissions and the report Lifecyle, etc. Basically, I do everything end to end. My 3.5 years of power bi have been on a pro licence. I am now finding that some tasks or implementations I require are only available with a premium licence. I am keen to learn more about paginated reports, deployment pipelines and datamarts

Therefor I am considering asking the business to purchase a PPU licence for myself. Before I do this, I want to be certain that the remainder of the business will still be able to use the reports, datasets, dashboards and appts I am responsible for.

For example, If I create a new workspace (Not premium) the pro users will still have use of this workspace.
If I create a premium workspace, I am assuming a pro licence end user will not be able to gain access
I am also assuming the if I venture into paginated reports and deployment pipe lines, Only myself with the Premium licence will be able to use these and pro licence user will not even be able to view these?

Regards

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

You're exactly right.

When you create a workspace as a PPU user you have a choice between pro and ppu.

If you select ppu anything in it is only available to other ppu users exactly as you state.

If you select pro though it works exactly as normal for your other users.

Ben

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

You're exactly right.

When you create a workspace as a PPU user you have a choice between pro and ppu.

If you select ppu anything in it is only available to other ppu users exactly as you state.

If you select pro though it works exactly as normal for your other users.

Ben

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you for your quick reponse 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors