Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nagarjunakan
Helper I
Helper I

Licensing

I have the following Scenarios 

We have 1000 users in the company, 900 of them are just report viewers view the reports hosted in Premium capacity.  the rest 100 are developers who authors reports from various sources . 

If I want all 1000 users to self serve for reports,so that end users can build their own reports, do I need 900 extra Power BI Pro licence ?

Thanks In advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

If they are going to do self serve reporting limited to themselves then no need for additional licenses

If the report they will be developing need to be shared with other users then Yes they will need pro license
Recommandation will be - If the report developed by them has more use and need to be shared with others, the that report can be handed over to actual developer team
This will help you to with

1. No additional Pro license required
2. Actual developers will be able to manage best practices (Power BI as well as Organizational) easliy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

If they are going to do self serve reporting limited to themselves then no need for additional licenses

If the report they will be developing need to be shared with other users then Yes they will need pro license
Recommandation will be - If the report developed by them has more use and need to be shared with others, the that report can be handed over to actual developer team
This will help you to with

1. No additional Pro license required
2. Actual developers will be able to manage best practices (Power BI as well as Organizational) easliy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors