Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

abmate
Employee
Employee

Kusto connector failure on both Service and Desktop

Hi, folks!

A couple of days ago we started seeing Kusto failures that show the error below. I tried refreshing my reports from PowerBI desktop and I observe the same issue though with less details.  These reports have been refreshing fine for quite a long time and nothing has changed. 

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<pi>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://kusto.aria.microsoft.com/v1/rest/query?db=5e84410f27304d289f168a76d51b240a&csl=let%20session....' (400): Bad Request</pi>"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Web"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>https://kusto.aria.microsoft.com/v1/rest/query</ccon>"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.R...}}} Table: REDACTED.

Technical Information

Activity Id:
17eff5ce-0009-42d7-a4b2-aaf7381149c9
Request Id:
6ce4f99b-0dd0-4581-891c-17449e9755e9
Cluster Name:
DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Refresh Start Time:
July 26, 2022 18:01 UTC
Refresh End Time:
July 26, 2022 18:01 UTC

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abmate

Judging from the error message, it seems that the content in the link cannot be accessed . Can you make sure that the link is open and the content is visible?

Ailsamsft_0-1659407367367.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Both Desktop and Service show the link truncated because it's too long. So I can't really tell whether the link fails because of an access issue or because it's truncated.

In any case, using my credentials in the Web Kusto viewer things continue to work (which are the same credentials I use for the PowerBI Kusto connector).

Any other way to get the full link displayed?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @abmate 

What is your data source? Are you connecting to a local data source? Is it normal to refresh in Desktop and Service before? Did you do anything in between? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Alisa Tao!  Thanks for the reply.

My data source is a Kusto query which is not local (see image below).  It was refreshing normally both in Desktop and Service before and nothing changed in between. Things started to fail consistently on 7/25 for several of my reports that use a Kusto connection like this.

abmate_0-1659115211532.png

abmate_1-1659115387902.png

Regards, 

Abe.

abmate
Employee
Employee

Hi, folks! 
Any help here? I'm still experiencing this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors