Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with row level security dataset

I have created a school report and when sharing it my colleagues arent able to open due to the dataset row level security. I dont intend to set roles or permissions as I want all colleagues to have access to the same report. Dont know why this is happening.

Want to be able to share so they can view.

I can see that there is a row level security created...how do I delete it? I assume I could add all colleagues to this "science/ben nevis" but I wanted a clean share...

VS9_0-1676894097836.png

any suggestions?

@help @service

1 REPLY 1
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

If you have implemented row-level security in your Power BI report, it's possible that some of your colleagues may not be able to see the data if they don't have the necessary permissions.

One way to resolve this is to either grant your colleagues the required permissions to view the data, or remove the row-level security from your report altogether.

To remove row-level security from your Power BI report, follow these steps:

1. Open the Power BI Desktop file for your report.
  2. Select the "Modeling" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Select "Manage Roles" in the "Roles" group.
  4. In the "Manage Roles" dialog box, select the role that you want to delete.
  5. Click the "Delete" button.

Once you have deleted the role, save the report and republish it to the Power BI service. Your colleagues should now be able to view the report without any issues related to row-level security.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the row-level security in your report, you can add your colleagues to the necessary roles to ensure that they have access to the data. To do this, you would need to add their email addresses to the appropriate role in the "Manage Roles" dialog box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors