Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MeganE1
Frequent Visitor

Issues connecting to dataset

When I download a report (my own or created by another user) I am suddenly getting the option to download a copy of the report and data, or a copy of the report with a live connection to data online. 

MeganE1_1-1668598318610.png

When selecting the first option I am able to see the report as normal but when trying to transform I get this:

MeganE1_0-1668606577869.png

When selecting the option with the live connection I am getting this error message:

MeganE1_3-1668598725623.png

All of the reports that are now giving me this option are all connected to the same tabular model, which I have permission to access and can access correctly when opening a existing or new report. I have downloaded them previously without issue as well.

I am also having an issue with reports that are saved on my drive, that this morning worked fine. If they have a live connection I can no longet access the data and get the add model pop up as above. For ones that have multiple data sources and therefore don't have a live connection to our tab mod, I have some that work fine and some that don't. I have had other users test their reports and they are getting the same issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
MeganE1
Frequent Visitor

Hey @GilbertQ 

We do store all of our PBIX locally, on this occasion a report that someone else has created needs to be amended whilst they are on annual leaver and I don't have access to their original file.

We are connected to a azure analysis services.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MeganE1 

I would first suggest always making sure you have got the PBIX stored locally before uploading to the PBI Service. This ensures that you always have the original version of the PBIX.

With regards to your challenges are you connecting to a PBI Service dataset or a Tabular model on-premise or in Azure Analysis Services?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors