Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TimOConnell
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Azure Analysis Services connection in Power BI service

I'm having trouble getting a dataset deployed to the Power BI service work with Azure Analysis Services. My scenario is:

• I have create an Azure Analysis services server in my MSDN Azure Tenant
  • I have granted access to this tenant with my work account
  • Using my work account, I have deployed a Tabular model to Azure Analysis Services
  • I have connected Power BI desktop to Azure Analysis Services and successfully connected to the database
  • From here I can build an example report in Power BI desktop
  • I then publish the Power BI desktop file to our Power BI tenant (I have tried both publishing to a normal workspace and an embedded capacity)
  • When I open the report or the dataset in the Power BI tenant I get the error "

Cannot Load the Model: Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details."
  • To debug this I tried editing the credentials. It appears to connect successfully but the error persists

Is there something I have done incorrectly? What else could I try to debug this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TimOConnell
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind. It was a security issue. I was able to resolve it by logging in to power bi with a user that has access to the tabular model. I wasn't aware that you couldn't share credentials

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TimOConnell
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind. It was a security issue. I was able to resolve it by logging in to power bi with a user that has access to the tabular model. I wasn't aware that you couldn't share credentials

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors