Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to list all the datasets and dataflow using a specific data source in a data gateway?

Our data gateway is currently hosted on a VM that needs to be decommissioned. We need to re-create all the existing data sources in our new gateway. Once that's done, I suspect we will need to update all Power BI assets using the existing gateway (Dataflows and datasets) to point them at the new one.

Is there a way to do this programmatically?

Is there a way to list all the Dataflows and datasets that are using a specific data source in the gateway?

I've had a look at API and PS Script but it does not seem to be able to link datasets/dataflows and Gateway data sources

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, there is. A really cool custom connector. GitHub - migueesc123/PowerBIRESTAPI: A Microsoft Power BI Data Connector or Power Query Connector fo...

We use it extensively for our gateway connection maintenance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, there is. A really cool custom connector. GitHub - migueesc123/PowerBIRESTAPI: A Microsoft Power BI Data Connector or Power Query Connector fo...

We use it extensively for our gateway connection maintenance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll look it up

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors