Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Guylyan
Frequent Visitor

I can’t use my data source from my gateway

I published some reports in my workspace that use a connection to SQL Server, which I can use normally on the desktop. However, when I publish I cannot use my gateway connection to perform automatic updates.

Guylyan_1-1701981945349.png

When I click on "Add to Gateway" and fill in the following error occurs:

Guylyan_0-1701981831070.png

I've checked my details several times, they're all correct, from IP to login.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved the problem!

To solve this problem, i create a data connection by skipping the authentication and select it from the dataset, after that we create another connection with the login data and then switch in the dataset again.

I contacted support and was unsuccessful, but after continuing to try, I found a way for it to work. But it's a PowerBI bug.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Guylyan ,

Based on the picture you provided, you have encountered error code 25. This error message is commonly displayed when there is a problem with the connection to the SQL Server. The error message indicates that the server was not found or was not accessible.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Verify that you have permission to access the server and database.
  • Check if the SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

I hope my solution can help you, but if it doesn’t, you can always share your thoughts and feedback with me by posting a comment below this post.

In order for you to solve the problem faster, you can refer to the following documentation

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Albert He 

I didn't understand exactly about checking the SQL, but I can make a connection to my gateway with the DB

Guylyan_0-1702037231146.png

I just tried to reinstall the gateway, changing the name, but without success yet

Guylyan_1-1702039063603.png

Error 25 occurs when I click "add to gateway"

Guylyan_0-1702039033274.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Guylyan 

Before worrying about connecting to SQL you need to configure your gateway. The message is clear, the status of your gateway is not configured correctly.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

What did I do wrong?
My gateway appears to work.

Guylyan_0-1702292078293.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

It is in the service that your Gateway is not configured

aj1973_0-1702300307718.png

Is it a personnal Gateway? Is your Tenant Admin allowing it? In the service, were you added as a User to the Gateway?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

I solved the problem!

To solve this problem, i create a data connection by skipping the authentication and select it from the dataset, after that we create another connection with the login data and then switch in the dataset again.

I contacted support and was unsuccessful, but after continuing to try, I found a way for it to work. But it's a PowerBI bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors