Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ad13
Regular Visitor

I am not able to refresh my report in the server which has python script as the data source

Hello, 

For the last few days, PowerBI Service won't refresh my dataset and give me this error: 

"You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:

• Data source for Query1

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access"

The "Gateway Connection" and "Data source credentials" disappears as well. 

My setup is that I use personal data gateway to allow for Python script in my query to automatic refresh in PowerBI Service. I use Import Data mode. Automatic scheduled refresh on PowerBI Service has been working with this dataset for a long time until recently. I also have the latest Personal Data Gateway update (Oct 2022)

What I notice is that now if I remove Python script task in my query and republish, PowerBI Service will show all the data source credentials and allow for automatic refresh again.

please look into the bug and fix this.

1 REPLY 1
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @ad13 ,

This is a known issue that is now reported as fixed

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Query-contains-unsupported-function-Function-name-Resource/i...

You might consider opening a support ticket if you are still seeing it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors