Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrnelsch
Frequent Visitor

How to host & sell Power BI for multiple business clients (tenants)

Hi all,

I'm running a data warehousing & analytics company and really would like to know some experts' opinions on some business related questions I have regarding selling Power BI to multiple clients. I think this post will help a lot of people out as I can't seem to find the right answers through Google.

Basically, we have standardized dashboards that we built on top of certain systems to be able to sell these to multiple clients. We create a database in Azure for these clients, load in the data and load this database into Power BI to get a dashboard. However, there are multiple ways to serve these dashboards to clients:

1. Host Power BI within their own tenant

2. Create a new tenant for them and host it there

3. Host in our own tenant and add a dedicated workspace to the client (they have access as guest users)

What would be the best solution in my scenario in a expert's point of view?

Also keeping in mind that we also want to be able to resell Power BI subscriptions to our clients.

They have access to the dashboards with their own Microsoft account or one that we create and we handle everything else, they are just viewers.

I hope someone has a good answer to this!

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
bzAnalytics

hi @mrnelsch , great question I've had similar questions. I am working on providing a similar service to clients. I notice you mentioned you create databases to load in the data, do you charge clients a fee for building out the solution. Also are you the one who maintain the solution or do you do a handover. Asking because I'd like to offer this as a service and would like your expert opinion. 

kamproc

@mrnelsch Have you managed to find a suitable solution? I would really appreciate if you could share your approach. 

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mrnelsch ,

Refer the following article ,and check if it is helpful :

https://dynamicconsultantsgroup.com/blogs/single-tenant-vs-multi-tenant-which-path-is-right-for-you/ 

Also, in my opinion, if the number of clients is high, consider the Power BI premium space, as reports can be shared to free users in the premium space, whereas in other cases, reports shared by Pro users, visitors also need a Pro license.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors