Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Canknucklehead
Helper II
Helper II

How to have an embedded report open when clicked on in SharePoint

I know I'm missing something here, but my google-fu is weak and I'm getting frustrated.

We have O365 and are actively using Modern SharePoint. I've embedded a number of Power BI reports into the CEO's SharePoint page for review. However, they are all very small (we have 6 now embedded) and there's no easy way that I can find to just simply click on the report and have it open in a new tab or window. 

Clicking on the embeds interact with the report, but with the small amount of screen real estate, it is impossible to read anything on the embeds. Especially when on a laptop. 

I've tried embedding the link from the report itself as well as the url to the report in PowerBI online, but neither gives me the option to open the report in a new tab/window. 

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Canknucklehead
Helper II
Helper II

Ultimately I just added a direct link to the SharePoint site right below the PowerBI object. It was the only way to be able to get to the full report instead of trying to access the tiny version displayed on the home SharePoint page.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Canknucklehead 

Please check if these posts could help.

Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online 

Add content to your page using the Embed web part 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors