Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to disable sharing on Power BI visual?

Hi,

I am wonder if there is any option to disable sharing option for Power BI Visuals in Power BI Service?

karo_0-1706275032430.png

Regards,

Karo

5 REPLIES 5
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @karo 

It's not okay to disable the sharing feature of the report, but there are a few other ways you can limit sharing.

Set permissions for users, such as making users read-only so they can't modify and share visuals.

vyohuamsft_0-1706505072659.png

If you're an admin, you can find Allow shareable links to grant access to everyone in your organization through the Power BI admin portal and turn it off so that the link that should be shared is inaccessible.

vyohuamsft_1-1706505072662.png

You can also create visuals that match your needs and share them with your teammates, so you don't have to share them unnecessarily.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yohua-msft 

Thank you for your reply, but it is not an answer to my question. Granting only read permissions is not affecting sharing functionality on visual level (chart sharing). Changing mentioned Tenant Settings is also not an answer to my question.

And just to be clear "It's okay to disable the sharing feature of the report" if you have such requirements. Depending on your business requirements you may  want to disable some functionalities. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not possible.  Even if it were possible - you cannot prevent your user from sharing screenshots. This needs to be handled via SBC.

@lbendlin

Thank you for reply. I am aware that users can always do screenshots, print visual, show the visual to unauthorized audience or expose data via many other ways, however I was hoping to have a possibility to disable it, the same way as we have in case for example comments.

I wouldn't waste my time with that. If your data is really sensitive use RLS and non-technical processes (like SBC).

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors