Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kelly_Zhu
Helper III
Helper III

How to choose columns I need to export, instead of default exported columns

Hi Everyone,

When I exported data like below, a table opened. There are so many columns in the table. 

Export.png

I need only some of them and a lot of columns I need don't appear in the table. 

After I dragged those columns in the table, I can export. However, when I clicked "Export data" again, the columns I added manually disappeared.

Could you give me some advices to solve this issue? I would like to set the columns who can appear and sort the columns.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Kelly

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Kelly,

That's weird. The columns shouldn't disappear. Did you save the report?

If you export data in the Power BI Service, you will see two options, Summarized data and underlying data. It could help. 

Can you give more details about how to reproduce this issue please?

BTW, we can't choose which columns to export for now. If you want this feature, please create an idea here.

About Exporting data, you can refer to power-bi-visualization-export-data

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, Thanks for your reply! I have raised a ticket as the same time. The support suggest me to create an idea about this, too. I have created an idea about this issue. Thanks, Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors