Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mshao
Regular Visitor

How to Subscribe only one Page in a report with multiple pages

Hi Team,

I creat a report with four pages in a PPU workspace, and now I want to create a subsribe which only subsribe on page of the four pages as attachments in PDF, but I didn't find how to get it. (I can only set the whole report which include four pages as attachment in my email, and also I can get a preview of the page I want,but that's not what I want)

Is there any way to get the subscibe I want?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mshao ,

You cannot export a PowerBi report, with PPU Licence using Power Automate.

The only reports you can export with Power Automate are Paginated Reports.

vxiandatmsft_0-1708587357696.png

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For me it is clear now, the only solution is to use paginated reports. You'll need a PPU licence for that.

Below is the post will help you:

Power BI premium per user - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mshao
Regular Visitor

Hi Team, 

I have tried to use Power AutoMate to export report and email to others, But I failer and the errors are as follows:

{"error":{"code":"FeatureNotAvailableError","pbi.error":{"code":"FeatureNotAvailableError","parameters":{},"details":[]}}}

The workspace I publish report are PPU,  I want to make sure whether the reason of the error is the license we use is PPU? do we must have PPC to use this function?

@v-xiandat-msft 

How to Subscribe only one Page in a report with multiple pages 

Hi @mshao ,

You cannot export a PowerBi report, with PPU Licence using Power Automate.

The only reports you can export with Power Automate are Paginated Reports.

vxiandatmsft_0-1708587357696.png

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For me it is clear now, the only solution is to use paginated reports. You'll need a PPU licence for that.

Below is the post will help you:

Power BI premium per user - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Team,

Oner more question:

Since I try to export Paginated Reports, There is no choice to chose which page I want to Export, Is there Any Solutions? Thx~

@v-xiandat-msft 

Hi @mshao ,

Paginated reports are not suitable for page by page or selected pages in power automate to automatically export to email, but paginated reports allow the data to fit on the page. Even if a table spans more than one page, a paged report can show all the data in the table. It's very contradictory at the moment, I'll look for a new way to do it!

I suggested a new solution , which you can try it:

vxiandatmsft_0-1708592789930.png

We select a report, followed by export pdf, and then choose to export the current page

vxiandatmsft_1-1708592853559.png

The pdf file can then be placed inside the email.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

Lozzahoff
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

So within PowerBI I've only ever managed to do this if I pin the page to a dashboard (see image below) and then create an alert off that dashboard. This will only do it as png (image file) though as far as I can see. 

My preferred option is use Power Automate as with that I can embed the image into an email without the attachment; people don't have to open the attachment and it looks okay on a mobile. 

Lozzahoff_0-1707391251752.png

Hi,  Is there learning files about how to use Power Automate to embed the image into email?

And if I use Power Automate, do I need to Pin this Page to Dashboard first?

Sorry, it doesn't look like you can use the Power Automate method because of your licensing, however, should any passers by read the thread and what to know how to embed the single page then this is a gold...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Export-To-File-for-Power-BI-Reports-PNG-i...

Hi all,

So I've managed to get Power BI to allow me to subscribe to one page using normal subscribe functionality on the report (rather than pinning to a dashboard). It'll come as a png which may be no good for you but it does allow you to use Focus Mode so you can subscribe to a specific visual too.

Basically on the drop down for report type it now gives you the option of 'None'. Selecting this just gives you the png for the report you've chosen for the preview as an attachment. (I'm 100% sure it didn't work like that last week). I'm not sure if you have to allow sending images on the BI admin settings though.
Thanks,

L

Thanks for you suggestion and I get the page I want as a png in email attachment,  And I also want to this PNG  embeded in my email body, and I have learned the link(https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Export-To-File-for-Power-BI-Reports-PNG-i...) you shared.

But sames there is still some other questions such as how to export my image automately, If you have any futher suggestions, Please let me know, Thank you very much

v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mshao ,

Currently there is no way to add a report page as an attachment to a subscription, only the complete report

Below is the official link will help you:

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

Hi Team,

There is a another question, Can it be customized if I choose PPT as an attachment?

@v-xiandat-msft 

Thank you very much in advance~

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors