Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I import image url from box.com domain url to PowerBI report Builder?

Hi,

I'm trying to use image from a domain url via box.com to import into my paginated report. Unfortunately, the image is not reflecting when I use the image url and it does not run into error.

Can someone assist me whether it is due to restrictions or security measures which is in place, that I might encounter issues?

How can I resolve this?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not a paginated report expert, but thinking about power bi, if you want a Image URL to work on the canvas, there are two things to consider in Desktop.

1- The link to the picture must be a public image address.

2- The column containing the url must be categorized as "image url". ( I'm not sure if there is something similar al paginated reports)

I guess it should be similar with Report Builder like it's with Power Bi Desktop.

Consider that the only way of using private URLs is with sharepoint if the logged user has access to the picture.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors