Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mikesqu
Helper I
Helper I

Error with your dataset

Hi all,

I have refreshed the same dataset today as I have for the past year and this warning has now appeared. Any ideas what is wrong?

Cheers

mikesqu_0-1676288185519.png

4 REPLIES 4
mikesqu
Helper I
Helper I

I haven't marked this as sorted as I am concerned it occurs again, and so far I haven't got an answer why it happened in the first place

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @mikesqu ,

Thi is normally what is considered a "transient issue" - meaning that for whatever reason (and there could be a million of different reasons), that one refresh did not work.  Did it work the next time?  Or, did it continue to fail?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi Collinq, it is continuing to fail. Annoyingly I have duplicated the spreadsheet which is the data source and that is working fine as a data feed. 

Hey @mikesqu ,

I am wondering if your Desktop and Service (and Gateway if applicable) versions are too disparate?  I would confirm that all three are up to date and then republish the failing report from desktop.  It is not "common" but not unheard of to get the transient error - sometimes twice in a row, but to keep getting it then something else is happening.  Let us know after you have all updated applications and we can go from there!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors