Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error in Power BI Service

While trying to sign in datasource, I am getting: Failed to update data source credentials: The cloud operation is invalid.

How to resolve this issue?

Analitika_0-1705394258365.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Analitika 

What is your data source ? Can you access your data source directly with your credentials ? How did you sign in data source ? You need provide more detail info about your issue so that we can help you easier .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. This is weird. Do you only have cloud sources at the semantic model? or is it hibrid onpremise + cloud sources?

I'm thinking something you can try. First make sure your online source is up and running refreshing your PowerBi Desktop source file. Then publish the report to a different workspace. Try editing credentials in there. The credentials are stored at PowerBi Service. You can later go to the report you wanted to change credentials and check if you need to click on edit or if they are already changed. 
That can help in case there is something glichy on that specific report content at PowerBi Service.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors