Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sven2017
Regular Visitor

Error generating an asymmetric key / communication object faulted

Hello there,

everytime i try to set up a data gateway the error message below shows up.

I tried the solutions i've found in the forum but nothing helped.

Infrmation:

The server (Win Server 2016) is not configured as a domain controller.

Additionally i changed the login for "on-premises data gateway service" to a local account. (I also tried some other accounts).

Here's the full message:

Error generating an asymmetric key.
Das Kommunikationsobjekt "System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel" kann nicht zur Kommunikation verwendet werden, weil es sich im Faulted-Status befindet.

Server stack trace:
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   bei Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.InternalContracts.IGatewayConfigurationService.GenerateAsymmetricKey()
   bei Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClient.GenerateAsymmetricKey()

Please help!

regards,

Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-sihou-msft

Thanks for your reply!

It was easier as i thought...Not all of the Ports were unlocked. When I unlocked them, the keys were installed instantly.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@sven2017

What account are you using for "on-premises data gateway service"?

Can you switch it back to "NT SERVICE\PBIEgwService" or try "LocalSystem"?

If it still doesn't work, the issue might be related to OS. I suggest you collect gateway logs and create a support ticket

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Thanks for your reply!

It was easier as i thought...Not all of the Ports were unlocked. When I unlocked them, the keys were installed instantly.

Thank you!

hi @Simon_Hou-MSFT

how do i unlock my ports?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors