Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Krishna09
Helper III
Helper III

Error: The key didn't match any row in the table.

Hello Everyone,

I downloaded PBXI file from sharepoint. when I open power query and open sheets I have various error on each of the sheet in power query. Among them below one is one of them. Can any one guide me to solve this issue.

Krishna09_0-1667382711251.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

you get this error when you change/delete the table ,column name etc or try to import the data that do not exist in the source.

if you're using import mode connection then you can see the already imported data  in Data view tab but maybe there is some change in the table at source level.

try to check the source setting in Applied steps.

View solution in original post

columns that are used in appplied steps might be removed or renamed in your table. check the applied steps for removed or renamed columns. or they might have changed it at source level.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vaibhavkale570
Resolver III
Resolver III

Seems like you're using the reference columns that have incorrect values.

But in Data section, I can see all values. they are correct.

Krishna09_0-1667383673636.png

your provided reference image is not very much helpful, can't read the error messasge properly. can you be more specific about the error and type of data you're gandling.

The data source is sharepoint. I have downloaded PBIX file from sharepoint that is creatd by my collegue. 

Key is a column in the table reated by merging two columns . 

Error is the key didn't match any rows in the table. 

but in data section. I can view the table properly but when I open power query I see this error in few of the tables. I want to know the reason and solve it. 

Please let me know if more details are required. 

you get this error when you change/delete the table ,column name etc or try to import the data that do not exist in the source.

if you're using import mode connection then you can see the already imported data  in Data view tab but maybe there is some change in the table at source level.

try to check the source setting in Applied steps.

The data source location was changed. now I donot have that error. but now I have error of column not found in table.

columns that are used in appplied steps might be removed or renamed in your table. check the applied steps for removed or renamed columns. or they might have changed it at source level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors