Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DiegoClaroECU
Regular Visitor

Ending trial of Office 365 E3 will expire my extended PRO trial of PowerBI?

I have successfully introduced PowerBI to my company in the past months, and we are working with the Extended PRO trial.

However, as my company is also working with a trial version of the Office 365 E3 ending this June, I am concern that the end of trial period of the Office 365 E3 will also revoke my PowerBI Extended Pro Trial.

Please could you confirm/check if the ending of my Office 365 E3 trial, will make expire my Extended Pro Trial of PowerBI? Or the E3 licencisng won’t affect the PowerBI trial?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@DiegoClaroECU,

If the user was created in your Office 365 E3 admin portal, then if your Office 365 E3 trial is expire, then the user is not able to use Power BI anymore.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@DiegoClaroECU,

If the user was created in your Office 365 E3 admin portal, then if your Office 365 E3 trial is expire, then the user is not able to use Power BI anymore.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft  I would like some clarification around this if you have some references. Is this a difference in any user signing up for a free license vs. a license being provisioned from O365? I don't see how the E3 would have any baring on a Power BI license, other than some features possibly not working (app workspaces, etc) as it isn't a pre-requisite to have from my understanding...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@DiegoClaroECU Your E3 license doesn't connect at all to Power BI. If you have an extended trial for Power BI, a different license expiring should have zero impact as it is a seperate license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors