Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

UmerJaved
Regular Visitor

Embed Power BI Report in Dynamics 365 system dashboard

Hi,

We have a Power BI report and we have successfully added this ito Personal dashobards(as Power BI Tile) area of Dynamics 365 however this requires the report to be explicitely shared with all users both in Dynamics 365 and Power BI Service therefore we want to add this into Dynamics 365 system dashboards(which doesn't require sharing with users) however reading through the following article (screenshot below) it looks like it is not supported however i am wondering if we embed Report URL into IFRAME/HTML web resources and use that web resource as a component in system dashboard, would this be classed as supported?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/user/add-powerbi-dashboards

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

The other quick question, what is the default refresh rate of power BI report in Dynamics 365? I created a record in Dynamics 365 however d it still didn't appear in report even i pressed "Refresh all" on dashboard in Dynamics 365

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UmerJaved ,

Maybe you could try to publish the report to web and then embed it into D365. The users can view it without access. 

Note: When you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. 

5.PNG

If just use the embedding link of website or portal, the users need pro licenses or the content needs to be in a workspace that’s in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft,

Sorry just to correct my wording(also corrected in post), we are currently adding the report into Dynamcs 365 Personal dashborad via add POwer BI Tile feature and not publish since it is disabled for the org anyway.

However I still have those original 2 questions:

1:  How do we embed this into system dashboard? detail provided at the beginning of thread with reference to Microsoft article

2:  What is the data refresh rate? also detail provided at the beginning of thread?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors