Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jessicabonicenh
Regular Visitor

ERROR 400 - Credentials (SQL)

I am using a personal data gateway but I'm not able to refresh the data, because is showing invaild credetials and error 400. Does anyone know how to fix it? 

PS: the user and password is correct

credenciais.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jessicabonicenh ,

Since you have tried all the auth possibilities and the error persists, I suggest that you can check if the personal gateway you used is the latest version. If the gateway version is out of date, many problems arise.

And you can check as described below:

1, The username and password used to log in to the data source are not up-to-date. In Power BI, go to the refresh settings for your dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit Credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

2, If one of the sources authenticates using OAuth, the combination of cloud and on-premises sources cannot be refreshed in the gateway (personal mode) in a single query. An example of this problem is the integration of CRM Online with an on-premises instance of SQL Server. Blending will fail to refresh because CRM Online requires OAuth.

Please refer to the following documents.

Troubleshooting Power BI Gateway (Personal Mode) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jessicabonicenh ,

Since you have tried all the auth possibilities and the error persists, I suggest that you can check if the personal gateway you used is the latest version. If the gateway version is out of date, many problems arise.

And you can check as described below:

1, The username and password used to log in to the data source are not up-to-date. In Power BI, go to the refresh settings for your dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit Credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

2, If one of the sources authenticates using OAuth, the combination of cloud and on-premises sources cannot be refreshed in the gateway (personal mode) in a single query. An example of this problem is the integration of CRM Online with an on-premises instance of SQL Server. Blending will fail to refresh because CRM Online requires OAuth.

Please refer to the following documents.

Troubleshooting Power BI Gateway (Personal Mode) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@jessicabonicenh Well the first guess would be that it doesn't support Basic auth. So does this work fine from Power BI Desktop and only have an issue with the Personal Gateway? Is the Personal Gateway running on the same computer that you run Desktop on?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello! Thanks for the reply

Well, I already tried all the auth possibilities and the error persists. And the problem only occour on 
the PBI Service.

I'm not in the same computer that run the gateway, buttt i already tried in the same pc and it shows the same error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors