Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

karthik77700
Frequent Visitor

Disable export option for particular security groups

I need to disable export option in PBI service for other Security groups and it should be enable for one Security groups.We have multiple RLS and it is tagged to specific Security groups.Other than creating multiple reports is there any other option available for it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As a PowerBi/Fabric Admin you can go to Admin Portal -> Tenant Settings. In there you can find the setting to prevent or allow export to excel/csv by security groups.

ibarrau_0-1689255216107.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
karthik77700
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your omments. I have one more requirement in which my report has multiple pages in which one page should have pdf export and other pages should have excel export,is it possible in Power BI.These cases should  work for one specific role/security groups.

Hi. The answer is no. You can't avoid exporting by page. Only by people. There is no configuration at power bi to make one page behave in different way than another.

The closest approach would be splitting the report in two. The one to export excel as report 1 and the one export to pdf as report two. That wouldn't prevent a user the possibility to export to excel the one for pdf, but the things might be separated to get the expected result of the file.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As a PowerBi/Fabric Admin you can go to Admin Portal -> Tenant Settings. In there you can find the setting to prevent or allow export to excel/csv by security groups.

ibarrau_0-1689255216107.png

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors