Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MartinMason
Resolver I
Resolver I

Deployment Pipelines - Anyone else suddenly having catastrophic problems in Test/Prod deploymments?

Here's a brief description of the issue that has surfaced within the last 48 hours in our environment. From all our troubleshooting, we've drawn the conclusion that a recent update to the Power BI Service has broken something in Deployment Pipelines.

Refresh of ANY, and I cannot stress more clearly, ANY table, of our semantic model in our Development environment succeeds.

MartinMason_0-1715267971959.png

Deployment of 60+ Gen1 dataflows (this was before the Fabric) and a single semantic model from Dev to Test using a Deployment pipeline and trying to refresh ANY, and I cannot stress more clearly, ANY table of the semantic model in our Test environment yields the following issue. 

MartinMason_1-1715267971959.png

I've used Git to deploy a version of our semantic model from more than a month ago and this some issue still occurs in the Test workspace. I've tried unassigning and reassigning the Test workspace in the Deployment Pipeline and the problem still exists.

And yes, I've opened a support ticket with Microsoft. Ticket #2405090040001756
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MartinMason
Resolver I
Resolver I

It miraculously started working again a couple of hours ago. Had a theory that MS had an $*XvC$ moment and deployed something related to the Power Platform Dataflow connector that shouldn't have been deployed but am unable to verify that theory now. Anyway, issue resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
npn24

I am having similar issue , my model deployed fine until yesterday and suddenly has issues deployinh just the model , even the compare option between different environments disappears . it works fine when onl reports ar deployed . any help please ?

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartinMason ,

I am glad to hear that you solved the problem yourself!

Your solution will be of great help to future users with similar problems, which will be beneficial to future users reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MartinMason
Resolver I
Resolver I

It miraculously started working again a couple of hours ago. Had a theory that MS had an $*XvC$ moment and deployed something related to the Power Platform Dataflow connector that shouldn't have been deployed but am unable to verify that theory now. Anyway, issue resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors