Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rafoztr
Frequent Visitor

Date format in exported PDFs different from Report UI (desktop and web)

Hi PBI community.

My PBI reports need to show dates in the Australian format, dd/mm/yyyy.  In Power BI Desktop or when viewed from the workspace on the PBI service the slicers show dates in that format.  However, when those same reports are exported to PDF (or PowerPoint), the dates shown in the slicers are shown in the US format (mm/dd/yyyy).  Below are the slicers as shown in the service:

rafoztr_0-1636332082378.png

...and the same slicers in the exported PDF:

rafoztr_1-1636332222249.png

What makes it more strange is that other fields that show dates in the report do not behave like that...  It seems to affect slicers only.  Additionally, this issue does not happen for other PBI developers in my organisation, only me.  I wonder if that is caused by some setting in my PBI/Azure account?

Any suggestions on what I should check would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
ShanS

Hi guys,

Is there a solution to this yet?

Cheers

sasok
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rafoztr ! I'm experiencing the same issue. 😞 Have you been able to find a solution?

rafoztr
Frequent Visitor

hi sasok,

Unfortunately, no. We tried all the ideas suggested by MS support but nothing worked.  One day, out of nowhere, the issue was gone and it remains working correctly to this day...

In case this is useful to you, this was the list of checks suggested by Microsoft support:

"1. Windows setting – please make sure you have these settings set to “English (Australia)” or “Australia”

rafoztr_0-1687849346888.jpeg

2. Browser setting:

• In your browser (Chrome), open “Setting” and select “Language” under “Advanced”.
  • Expand “Language”
  • If you didn’t see “English (Australia)”, please add
  • Click on the three dots next to “English (Australia)” and tick “Display Google Chrome in the this language”
  • Click “Relaunc

3. Open Power BI Service

• Click on the “Wheel” icon and select “Settings”
  • Click “Language” and make sure it sets “Default (browser language)”
  • Click “Apply”

Once you have all set, if you change your Windows setting, probably it’s a good idea to reboot and try to open the report again."

sasok
Frequent Visitor

Hi rafoztr,

Thank you for the detailed instructions.

I've tried exactly the same steps - in my case it is unfortunatelly still not working.

I guess I'll just have to live with that. 😞

Best regards,

Sašo

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rafoztr ,

This situation is generally caused by different regional settings on Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/supported-languages-countries-regions#choose-... 

You could also check the regional settings for the bowser and your system.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

The issue continues.  We have engaged with Microsoft Support and tried the steps below:

1. Reviewed language, regional, and date format setting in Windows, web browser, and Power BI Service and everything looks fine
  2. Tested the export to PDF from Power BI desktop and PBI Service, but the date format still shown in US format.
  3. Recreated the slicer and tested. The export to PDF worked in Power BI Desktop (the PDF was in the desired Australian format). When the report published  to PBI Services, the export to PDF still shown date in US format.

Once we get to the bottom of this, I'll post an update to this thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors