Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Brutus97
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse Virtual tables have no option for Direct query???

I want to make a Power BI report that use virtual tables from Dataverse and it should be working with Direct Query.

With normal dataverse tables I get the question: Do you want an import or direct query? 

But not with virtual tables, they don't appeat in the Dataverse connector..

Do I need to set something up? Or is this just not possible....

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brutus97 ,

Virtual tables allow Microsoft Dataverse to surface data stored outside of the Dataverse relational storage for use in Power Platform. Data accessed through a virtual table looks and acts like a native Dataverse table. For example, your SQL Server data can be accessed through Dataverse tables, using Dataverse APIs and plugins and can have relationships to your native Dataverse tables like accounts, contacts, or other custom tables you create.

Virtual tables can be used to connect to tabular data (SQL, Excel, SharePoint), non-tabular data (data lake, Azure Cosmos DB, SAP), data accessed through direct OData calls, or custom connections that users can craft to meet their needs.

For more information, please refer to: Microsoft Dataverse - Virtual tables | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Yadong,

Thank you for your reply. It gives information about what virtual tables can and do, maybe my knowledge isn't sufficient, but is it possible to do direct query y/n in POwer BI on virtual tables. I don't see/understand the answer in your reply.

Thank you in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors