Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NickChyhyr

Datamart error: Cannot open a datamart

When I try to open the datamart I get an error:  User not authorized for datamart

User who created this datamart has been removed from Power BI
I tried to takeover the datamart but nothing happened

2 REPLIES 2
NickChyhyr

I am a workspace admin and I can see myseld in the "direct access" list for this datamart
It looks like settings page just freezes when I try to takeover the datamart
I cannot expand any property and "takeover" button  do nothing  (

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NickChyhyr 

The error message "User not authorized for datamart" and the fact that the user who created the datamart has been removed from Power BI suggest there are permission issues at play. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Power BI Service Administrator Role: Ensure that you have the necessary administrative privileges within Power BI service. If you are not an admin, you may need to contact someone who has Power BI Service Administrator role to assist you.

2. Attempt to Take Over: You mentioned trying to take over the datamart but with no success. Make sure you are following the correct procedure to take ownership:

• Go to the datasets in the Power BI service.
    • Find the dataset that is connected to the datamart.
    • Use the 'Take Over' option.

3. Check the Datamart Permissions: If you have administrative access, check the datamart's permission settings to ensure that your user account or group has the appropriate permissions set. You may need to add yourself as an admin to the datamart.

4. Documentation and Support: Consult the Power BI documentation for any guidance on datamart permissions and ownership. 
    Sharing Power BI datamarts and managing permissions (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
    Understand datamarts (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
    Get started with datamarts (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors