Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dwalters
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow won’t launch

I'm trying to use dataflows for the first time. I have a pro account and as far as I can tell should be able to utilize this function with a Pro account (don't need a premium account). However, every time I click the "get started" button in the web app, I get the spinny wheel of death and nothing loads or launches. 

Any ideas as to where to begin troubleshooting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dwalters 

You are on trial

aj1973_0-1665683549499.png

and you need to check out with your Power Platform Admin Center if you are allowed to acces sources through dataflows

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @dwalters ,

I think the first step is to confirm with your admin that the Dataflow Settings in the Admin Portal allow you to create and use dataflows.  That said, I am not positive that I know where you are starting from when you state you click on "get started".

I am used to going to the workspace I want to have my dataflow reside in and then selecting "New" and then "Dataflow" and then selecting from one of the four options (New tables, Linked tables, Import model, Create and attach).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

I'm starting from here:

dwalters_0-1665678902950.png

once I click the Get Started button, it just gets stuck loading. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dwalters 

You are on trial

aj1973_0-1665683549499.png

and you need to check out with your Power Platform Admin Center if you are allowed to acces sources through dataflows

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

thanks for the reply! I thought I had read in the MS documentation that a Pro account was sufficient to utilize this functionality; I signed up for the trial personal premium just to see if that was the issue on a wild guess. 

I'm checking the power platform admin center now; that's the most likely culprit. Appreciate the assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors