Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hannahgilbert
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow Incremental Refresh Duplicates

I have set up incremental refresh on a flow as follows:

hannahgilbert_0-1643713410621.png

I am pulling from a SQL database table and it's last update date as above.

I have pulled the table into my dataset and I am getting duplicate keys. I'm not sure what I'm missing? Why am I getting duplicates?

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. That might be because the "Detect data changes". As the name says this is incremental. That means that if you modify a row from a year ago but you are only specifing the refresh should be from last day, then you will have last day + changes from history. The changes are a new row that looks almost the same as the one before but with the change.

The detect data changes is NOT recommended unless you know how to handle it as data perspective. You usually use a change or modify date and things like that.

Incremental refresh cannot update rows from old history, it can add new rows with the change. If your warehouse or source is build for that changes you can add columns like "last update" flag to filter it in the power query.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors