Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pcguysam

DataSet not refreshing on schedule, shows next scheduled refresh in the past. No failure logged.

I have a report dataset where the schedule is not triggering a refresh.  It stopped working on 3/25/2023.  There are NO failure logs.  It's like the scheduler is broken on the back-end somehow. 
The first day, I manually refreshed it.  The second day, nobody noticed because it was Sunday.  The third day, I deleted the schedule and setup a new one.  Today, the same thing.  I have many other datasets and dataflows that are firing on schedule.  I refreshed it before I could take a screenshot, but this morning it said that the most recent refresh was yesterday @ 8:16 AM when I manually triggered it and the next scheduled refresh was this morning(in the past @ 6:00 AM.)
My next step is to delete and re-publish the report completely, but I would like to avoid this as many users setup shortcuts and links that would be broken.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2023-03-29 08_32_53-Power BI.png2023-03-29 08_32_33-.png

2 REPLIES 2
justingraff88
Helper I
Helper I

I had run into this before and this solved it for me.

1. In the pbix file go to file>Options and settings>Options
  2. Then under Data Load clear the Q&A Cache Options and the Data Cache Management Options
  3. Republish the pbix (that way it won't change the link for the end users)

Hope that solves it for you too.

I will schedule it and let you know ASAP.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors