Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mohittimpus
Helper V
Helper V

Currently there is NO way to set up a scheduled refresh, if your file is on ONE DRIVE?

Currently there is NO way to set up a scheduled refresh, if your file is on ONE DRIVE, where you need to login using the "Organisational Account" credentials option. 

It will work in PowerBI Desktop, but as soon as you publish from there to PowerBI online, when you try to set up a scheduled refresh you will get the following error:

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

If you from there try to edit the credentials, the only options you will have are:

- Anonymous

- Windows

- Basic

Unlike PowerBI Desktop, no "Organisational Account" option!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @mohittimpus 

I have test on my side, it works well. Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

Note

To use a OneDrive for Business file as a data source in the Power BI service, with Service Refresh enabled for that file, make sure you select OAuth2 as the Authentication method when configuring your refresh settings. Otherwise, you may encounter an error (such as, Failed to update data source credentials) when you attempt to connect or to refresh. Selecting OAuth2 as the authentication method remedies that credentials error.

13.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @mohittimpus 

I have test on my side, it works well. Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

Note

To use a OneDrive for Business file as a data source in the Power BI service, with Service Refresh enabled for that file, make sure you select OAuth2 as the Authentication method when configuring your refresh settings. Otherwise, you may encounter an error (such as, Failed to update data source credentials) when you attempt to connect or to refresh. Selecting OAuth2 as the authentication method remedies that credentials error.

13.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mohittimpus 

Please try to follow the below steps to mitigate the issue.

1. Open the Power BI Desktop >> File >> Open >> Browse the PBIX file.

2. Home >> Edit Queries >> Data Source Settings >> Select the datasource >> Edit Permissions >> Organizational Account(Authentication Mode) >> Privacy Level (Organizational).

3. Refresh the report and publish.

4. Evalaute with the right credentials in Power Bi Service and check for the option (Organizational).

If you have any queries, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR

venal.

@venal 

I connect via power BI desktop but problem is this.
When I go the power BI services. there no option is present for Organizational Account.

the only options you will have are:

- Anonymous

- Windows

- Basic

Same problem here, I only see 

cwright2106_0-1637597291381.png

Has there been a fix to this yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. It just appears:

"Anonymous"

"Windows Authentication"

"Basic Authentication"

Some solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors