Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

agd50
Helper V
Helper V

Creating Dataset in Workspace that points to dataset?

Would anyone know how to create a dataset in the service (on a workspace) that points to a dataset? I have no knowledge on this myself and have found no information related to this in searching.

In otherwords it will show the same data as another one. The other dataset is in Datahub.

Sorry I can't provide any more detail than that due to my own limited knowledge.

Regards,
Andrew

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @agd50 ,

Do you want to learn about datasets across workspaces?

• As an app publisher, you have to make sure that your audience has access to datasets outside of the workspace. Otherwise, users will encounter issues when interacting with your app: reports won't open without dataset access and dashboard tiles will show as locked. Also, users won't able to open the app if the first item in its navigation is a report without access to the dataset.
  • By design, Publish to web doesn't work for a report based on a shared dataset.
  • If two people are members of a workspace that is accessing a shared dataset, it's possible that only one of them can see the related dataset in the workspace. 

More details: Introduction to datasets across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors