Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connection error: Your connection has been lost, Please check your network connection...

hi all,

can't access power bi report service at powerbi.com showing error:

Connection error:

Your connection has been lost. Please check your network connection. As soon as your connection is restored, you can continue using Power BI.

one of our Win7 machine has been upgraded to Win 8.1 to run Power BI Desktop, but after upgradation, installed new fresh Chrome browser, now it is showing above error, except this service i can access all websites using browser including this forum. also i can access powerbi.com from other computes. please help how it can be resolved.

regards

forum says, I can not upload images here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft 

today i have upgraded (not fresh install) to Win 10 and now it can be accessed normally... don't know what was the problem? i am glad that problem as resolved.

regards

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
vft_677

Hello. I'm having the same issue, altough mine occurs when logged into the virtual machine provided by Microsoft for completing the lab excersises in the 'Visualise data with Power BI' course. I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and I wonder if that could be the cause. I need to complete the labs in order to complete the course, so I'm in dire need of help

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved . It may be caused by the incompatibility between service and W8.1.

Could you mark your answer so that those who have the same problem can see it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you follow the steps below ?

1) Go to Adjust date/time

2) Scroll to Related Settings and click Additional date, time and regional settings

3) Under "Date and Time" click "Change the time zone"

4) Select "Change the time zone" again

5) Check the box next to "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time"

Follow the steps again, then restart the computer .

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft 

today i have upgraded (not fresh install) to Win 10 and now it can be accessed normally... don't know what was the problem? i am glad that problem as resolved.

regards

go to settings,
» time and language
» date and time
» all the way down where it says additional clocks
» internet time
» change settings
» disable synchronization with the internet time server.
» apply change and ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft 

not worked, i think i have to upgrade my Win 8.1 to Win 10 and check, may be it resolve the issue.

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you change the time zone and check again ?.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Issue-with-connecting-Power-BI-Service/m-p/170392#M23582

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @Anonymous but no luck! changed time zone, reboot machine, check on both Edge & Chrome.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you tried another browsers in this computer ?

You can sign in your account in Power BI Service on Google or Edge browsers .And then see if it can operate normally .

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @v-yetao1-msft  for the reply... i am frustrated, have tried Edge and Google Chrome but same problem, after Sign In it is showing the error menitoned in my opening post here.

Google Chrome:

Core2Plus_1-1624301783597.png

Microsoft Edge:

Core2Plus_2-1624301897947.png

why not working in Win 8.1 and it was working in Win 7 ... just because of I failed to run Power BI Desktop on Win 7 (mentioned in one of my previous post), i upgraded to Win 8.1, also installed its updates but still its not allowing me to run the Service.

here is screenshot, is there anything i missed? i have to install? please advise if it required any specific .Net Framework or something else?

Core2Plus_0-1624297829311.png

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

any hope we can access power bi report server (powerbi.com) in this upgraded machine?

I am also facing same issue after i upgraded to Win 10,any resolution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors