Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the administrator account

Good afternoon, help me out.
Our company used to use PowerBI, but then abandoned it for a while. Now a new group of analysts is working with PowerBI and we need access to the administrator account.
But a lot of problems have arisen
The administrator account was registered to a corporate email account that was deleted.
After restoring it, there is no data in the mail. Tried to reset the password, went through the procedure 

Forgot your password for Power BI? (from documentation)As a result, I got a message -

We're sorry

You can't reset your own password because you haven't registered for password reset.

If you can't sign in, you must contact your administrator to reset your password for you.
After you can sign in again, register for self-service password reset, to make sure that you’re able to reset your own password in the future. If there are no other administrators in your organization, please contact Support.
And so it becomes a vicious circle
the admin account can't recover the password, because needed the admin account

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could consider to assign Power BI admin to other users in the Microsoft 365 admin center.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-role 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you (or somebody in your organization) has access to that userid in you O365 Admin Portal (not Power BI portal) then they can reset the password for that account there.  If you do not have access to your portal, you will have to create a ticket with Microsoft for them to reset the password for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors