Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot schedule refresh with appending query

Hi everyone, 

I am having a wierd issue in PBI Cloud with one of our PBIX reports where I cannot set up the refresh schedule if I choose to append one of the queries within my PBIX. 

My PBIX loads data from two sources, CSV file (Local) and a web page data (Web) (http://api.aip.com.au/public/api?call=tgpTables). I've establish both of these as gateway entries wtihin PBI Cloud. WebJSON ans Local are names of the queries with PBIX, that loads data from the web source and local CSV source, respectively. If I choose not to append these two queries, I am able to set this report to refresh automatically. But, if I choose to append them, Gateway goes crazy and the bit within Gateway connection, the wheels keep spinning looking for the gateway. 

Any idea what's going on here? 

Thanks

Kaz

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous It sounds like you are trying to merge online and local in an (Enterprise) gateway. This doesn't work currently. You can't use online and on-premises in the same connection. Now, it sounds like you don't have issues with them in the same report until you append them... which is new to me. I would have thought it would fail regardless, if I understand your question correctly.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer

That's confusing me as well. I would have expected it to not to work at all. But it's just the appending bit that pushes PBI Gateway over the edge. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors