Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

trubeko
Regular Visitor

Cannot load data model error when using Data Gateway

Hello,

I would like to share a report using Power BI server. It accesses the data in a PostgreSQL DB and a Data Gateway is configured for that purpose. However a "Cannot load data model" error is shown when I attempt to show the report. Following is an error ID:

Activity ID: 241550af-179a-4cb8-90e7-47060b1bef58
Request ID: 1db24240-c3b5-2320-90b0-2f574bf155ad
Correlation ID: 1935c6d4-3510-c63c-53bd-c47982fb980a
Time: Thu Sep 05 2019 14:58:31 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.10599.151
Cluster URI: https://wabi-france-central-a-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Could you please let me know how to debug this kind of error? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
trubeko
Regular Visitor

I would like to give some additional information about the context of this error:

The report uses data from a PostgreSQL DB in Azure (Azure Database for PostgreSQL). I've deployed a Data Gateway to an Azure VM that is located in the Virtual Network with an access to this DB. The Data Gateway is configured in Power BI service and according data source is mapped to the gateway. Data source has exact same configuration as the one used in the Power BI desktop when creating a report. Gateway appears "Online" in the "Manage Gateways" screen, and a data source has a "Connection Successful!" note next to its name. A Gateway Connection is mapped to the data source in the dataset settings and is displayed in green color.

That is to say that all in all everything appears to be configured, and I'm not sure what else might be wrong.

Hi @trubeko 

Sorry I can't replicate your issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket for more advices.

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hello,

Thank you for the link. Unfortunetly I cannot create a support ticket because I would need to a Pro licence for it. I'm currently evaluating the Power BI for our organization, before actually opting in for a Pro licence.

Thank you,

Timur

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors