Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kbigs

Can we create a separate F SKU for a POC without changing our current PowerBI PPU SKU?

My company has a PowerBI PPU SKU.  We are testing additional Fabric features which require changing to a Premium Capacity F SKU (likely F64).  

Can we create a seperate Fabric license/tenant for the pilot without changing our currently used licence/tenant? I obviously want to minimize disruption for our PowerBI users while testing the new pricing and usage. 

3 REPLIES 3
kbigs

@Greg_Deckler thank you.  Specifically, if we have a PowerBI PPU SKU in one region (ie UK South), can we have a new F SKU in a different region (such as US East) without impacting our current production PowerBI environment?

The goal would be to develop our Fabric pilot tenant in the new region, then migrate the production reports/gateways/worspaces, etc at a later time.

@kbigs So yes and no. Yes, you can create a new F SKU in the same region (because that's at the tenant level). It won't impact your PPU environment because that's a whole separate thing but no it won't be in a different region.

Also, yes, you could create a new Power BI tenant, "mypowerbitenant.onmicrosoft.com". This will require separate Pro licenses for publishing content and probably separate accounts in that tenant. But then this new tenant could be in a different region and you could provision your F SKU to that tenant.

Hope that is clear.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@kbigs Yes.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors