Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jacquesherv
Frequent Visitor

Can't use any metrics in any plots

HI there! 

It looks like I cannot use any metrics for any plot anymore. I cannot drag any values in the parameters field. Also, in the exisiting charts where I could drag metrics in the Y-field before, I cannot choose to 'Sum', or 'Count' anymore, but only 'Remore Field' for example (picture below). 

This happens to all charts and all reports I've created. It seems like an access got blocked or something...

Does anyone can help me out with this please? Thank you so much 🙂 

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 12.57.21.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @v-yohua-msft, I've been able to fix the issue by turning off the option 'Discourage implicit measures' from the Model properties. 

more info here (https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-remove-Tabular-editor-from-Model-enable-imp...)

thank you!!! 🙂 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jacquesherv 

Check your data type to check if the data fields you use for plotting contain non-numeric values (such as text or errors).

Or you can try recreating the visuals and pbix files and see if the problem persists.

Make sure your Power BI software is up to date, and you can review the following documentation for updates:

What's new in the latest Power BI update - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Please provide the PBIX file if you can. Please also pay attention to the security of your private information

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yohua-msft , thank you so much for replying! 

I've been trying to recreate the visuals, but it's still the same. I cannot grab any numeric dimension inside the parameter field. What is strange is that it used to work before. I believe there is something to check in the data model? 

What's the PBIX file? 

Thank you for your time. 

Best regards,

Jacques Hervochon

Hi, @jacquesherv 

A pbix file is a file in your Power BI desktop that you can drag into the reply box when replying

vyohuamsft_1-1709540614575.png

When you share a PBIX file, make sure you don't leak your privacy.

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

hi @v-yohua-msft, I've been able to fix the issue by turning off the option 'Discourage implicit measures' from the Model properties. 

more info here (https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-remove-Tabular-editor-from-Model-enable-imp...)

thank you!!! 🙂 

Hi, @jacquesherv 

It's great to see that you've solved the problem, and thank you for sharing the solution for the community to learn.

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors