Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

GigaFluxx
Frequent Visitor

Can't connect a dataset via Direct Query with an Imported Query

Ever since last week, I've been unable to to refresh my reports. They were working fine for a year straight and then one day I started receiving errors.

While troubleshooting, I found that I can get a direct connection to any dataset in individual Power Bi files. The error arises when I have a file with an Import Query and then try to connect a dataset via direct query.

Unforunately my entire master file depends on connecting multiple datasets to an import query.

The error I receive is as follows:

GigaFluxx_0-1667878068688.png

Additionally, if I try to connect one of the original datasets, I get a different error however this may be because I broke something while troubleshooting so I'm not too focuss on that.

That error is as follows:

GigaFluxx_1-1667878181867.png

As far as I can tell, my gateway is working fine and I'm able to refresh my datasets. I tried reentering my credentials, switching between a normal gateway and personal one. They all work fine individually but I still cannot connect a dataset to an imported query anymore.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

run your import connection query in a separate (new) pbix file. Once it works, add one direct query connection and check if you get the same error.

you can also try clearing the caches but that's not guaranteed to help.

Hi lbendlin,

I've tried a fresh pbix and clearing the cache to no avail. I'm still receiving the error today.

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors