Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bharathmaturu

Can PowerBI server install on AWS EC2

Hi,

I am currently exploring PowerBI and would like to know if we can install PowerBI on AWS EC2 instance.

We have our data on AWS, AWS - EC2 SQL Server environment.

Thanks,

Bharath

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@bharathmaturu,

Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that gives you a single view of your most critical business data. You do not need to install any server. You can access to your Power BI report, dashboard anywhere.

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/features/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your response.

But i was reading about PowerBI premium which can be installed on a local server. I was curious to check if it can be installed on a cloud EC2 instance which is on AWS and not on-prem.

Our data will be sitting in AWS EMR (Hive) in future and i am exploring options of using PowerBI instead of moving data to Azure as PowerBI Web (non desktop version) gives ability to only connect to AzureSQL server or OnPrem SSAS.

Hope i am clear on my question.

I am also interested in this. 

From the Hardware and software requirements for installing Power BI Report Server:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-system-requirements/

It says it needs a Windows OS and SQL Server to host the report server databases.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors