Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NuTek
Frequent Visitor

Can I get the name of the group workspace a report is under?

I would like to hide the values of specific columns based on the workspace name.. That way I can publish the same report to multiple workspaces and the reports content will be adjusted for the users viewing the report.. 

ex: 

1. Created a report showing inventory and prices.
  2. Set measure called "Price" that checks workspace name and returns either the real price or a null.
  3. Publish report to two workspaces (ViewPrice and HidePrice)

Those users opening the report under "ViewPrice" group would see the price while those opening the report under "HidePrice" wouldn't.

Is this possible?  Perhaps there is a better way of hiding columns based on user groups? (not rows, but columns)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NuTek,

It is impossible to use dax get the workspace name.

>>That way I can publish the same report to multiple workspaces and the reports content will be adjusted for the users viewing the report.. 

If you want do some dynamic change, I'd like to suggest you take a look at dynamic RLS:

Power BI – Dynamic Row Level Security – Tips to get it working!

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors