Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aprende88

Blank Screen in PowerPoint

New to posting in this forum and to Power BI in general. Made my first dashboard, uploaded it to Power BI Service, exported it to PowerPoint, added the Power BI add in, but after adding the Power BI add in into PowerPoint, I just get this blank screen.

Aprende88_0-1712858184536.png

What do I need to do to?

Thanks!

Peter C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aprende88 ,
Based on your description, you can check if the following are the cause of this problem
First, the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 to function properly. If WebView2 is not installed on the device, this may be the reason for the blank screen. You can quickly install WebView2 from Download Microsoft Edge WebView2. After installation, restart all Office applications and retry.
Then, ensure that Office versions and Windows versions meet the minimum system requirements for the Power BI add-in. For Microsoft 365 subscriptions, a minimum of Office internal version 16.0.13530.20424 and Windows 8.1 or higher is required. For non-subscription versions, Office 2021 or higher and Windows 10 and higher are required.
Finally, if a PowerPoint presentation is WIP-protected, the Power BI add-in may not work as expected because such presentations don't support WebView2. You can check whether a file is WIP-protected by looking at the File Ownership column in File Explorer (for files on your computer) or the Briefcase icon in the address bar (for files stored in SharePoint or OneDrive). You can check if a file is WIP-protected by looking at the File Ownership column in File Explorer (files on your computer) or the Briefcase icon in the address bar (files stored in SharePoint or OneDrive).
You can refer to this document for more details on troubleshooting
Troubleshoot the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aprende88

Looks like my version is not up to date. Is the upgrade to a new version a paid change or, if I have an office 365 subscription as a part of my organization, can this be upgraded easily?

Aprende88_0-1713378154386.png

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aprende88 ,
Based on your description, you can check if the following are the cause of this problem
First, the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 to function properly. If WebView2 is not installed on the device, this may be the reason for the blank screen. You can quickly install WebView2 from Download Microsoft Edge WebView2. After installation, restart all Office applications and retry.
Then, ensure that Office versions and Windows versions meet the minimum system requirements for the Power BI add-in. For Microsoft 365 subscriptions, a minimum of Office internal version 16.0.13530.20424 and Windows 8.1 or higher is required. For non-subscription versions, Office 2021 or higher and Windows 10 and higher are required.
Finally, if a PowerPoint presentation is WIP-protected, the Power BI add-in may not work as expected because such presentations don't support WebView2. You can check whether a file is WIP-protected by looking at the File Ownership column in File Explorer (for files on your computer) or the Briefcase icon in the address bar (for files stored in SharePoint or OneDrive). You can check if a file is WIP-protected by looking at the File Ownership column in File Explorer (files on your computer) or the Briefcase icon in the address bar (files stored in SharePoint or OneDrive).
You can refer to this document for more details on troubleshooting
Troubleshoot the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors