Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjmar025
Helper I
Helper I

Automatically display report in full screen

Hi everyone, I am in the process of testing out the PBI Report Service for my organization. We currently use Report Server but are looking to be able to access our reports from the cloud. In Report Server I had used the url tag "?rs:embed=true" to automatically open up the report in full screen within the browser window. The Service has an even better full screen mode that allows you to take up the entire screen. I am looking to distribute links to reports that will automatically open up in the full screen mode. I have done some research and tried adding the "?chromeless=true" and "?chromeless=1" to the end of my report link. Neither of these work - they just bring me to login.microsoftonline.com and give me a http 404 error. Does anybody have experience with this and can guide me in the right direction? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mjmar025,

I tested on my service, the report was shown in full screen as expected.

1.PNG

In your scenario, which report URL did you use? Did you directly copy the URL from web address? Please change to a different web browser to view the report for a test.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You first have to make sure that the user can sign in, once that is done and they can sign in and can access the report you can then put in the ?chormeless=true at the end of the URL

NOTE: You might have to save the users credentials in order for the sign in to be automated.

Here is a blog post explaining how I did it: https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/10/30/running-power-bi-reports-or-dashboards-in-fullscreen-without-the-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

hi folks!

hi have the same problem

i dont know why .... how U have find out solution....

and what do you mean with "save credentials... to have automatic signin..." ?Image 20200812_174457_2121.png

Hi @rufmau68 ,

Save credentials in your browser is what is meant here.

Note that this won't work in incognito mode.

For full screen, you need to add ?chromeless=true at the end of report sharing url.

Summary:

1. For automatic log-in: Save credentials in your browser

2. For automatic full screen: add ?chromeless=true to the end of URL

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors