Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ani87
Regular Visitor

Authentication issues to BWP from Power BI Service

Dear fellow PBI creators,

I have a Power BI report built in the PBI desktop and published and distributed to the users in PBI Service. My data sources include a mix of Excel files and a Sales cube in the SAP BWP. A NetWeaver Connector was installed to access and refresh the data loaded from SAP BWP. So I don't have any issues refreshing the dataset from the Desktop (I am in the Import mode).  However, I want to leverage the scheduled automatic refresh (up to 8 times a day for Pro users) from PBI Service. The problem arises in that I am not able to authenticate the SAP BWP Sales cube. I am attaching the error message I keep receiving on any attempt to authenticate the data source.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I appreciate your help!

ani87_0-1683822079048.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ani87 ,

You should use the same credentials and privacy level like in Power BI Desktop and Service. You can go to the gear icon in Power BI - Setting - find your data source - Data source credentials. Check Edit credential to see if credentials are required.

Or it may be that the usernames and passwords that you used to sign into data sources aren't up to date. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

I have also found a similar psot, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: The credentials provided for the MicrosoftAzureCon... - Microsoft Power BI Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Support team,

Thank you for looking into my topic, and please excuse my late reply!

I repeated your instruction step-by-step, and again the same message in the Service.

The credentials are valid, as I use the same ones to log into the BWP, and it works.

Could it be that I need a specific gateway to connect to SAP from PBI Service? This I never get installed.

Thank again.

Kind regards,

Ani

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors