Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

adri_s
Frequent Visitor

Analyze in Excel: Change log in credentials

Is there a way to change your log in credentials in Excel once you have authenticated for the first time? I would like to analyze the data with several users that have different roles in Power BI, but I am unable to do so.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adri_s,

Based on my understanding, when you use Analyze in Excel to download .ODC file and open it in Excel, you will enter the Power BI Service account. And then you want to change this Power BI service account within this .ODC file, right?

Based on my test, once we authenticate the Power BI when we open the .ODC, the data connection will use this authenticated user to connect to Power BI. And there is no OOTB properties for us to change authenticated user. For your requirement, it can't be achieved currently.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the answer.

If anyone has the same problem, I found a work-around. Just upload any pbix file to Power BI, download its ODC and remove the dataset. After that, open this ODC file (the workbook with the ODC connection to the real file you want to analyze must be closed) and you will be prompted to enter your credentials. Cancel and close the book, then open the workbook with the real data and you will be asked for your credentials once again, so you will be able to change to another user.

However, there should be an actual way to log out and change the user.

Hi @adri_s,

Thanks for sharing the work around. Smiley Happy

For your requirement, you can post a feedback in Ideas Forum.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors