Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmeyers
Frequent Visitor

multiple Tablixes per page

i have 2 dataset

the first is a list of courses, terms, and grades per student id

studentId

course

term

grade

Math

Semester 1

Science

Semester 1

Math

Semester 2

Science

Semester 2

English

Semester 1

Art

Semester 1

English

Semester 2

Art

Semester 2

then i have a list of student demographics including name, site, and birthdate

studentId

name

site

birthdate

John Doe

Harvard

3/11/2000

Sally Johnson

MIT

2/1/2000

and i want to create a report card that has 2 tablixes that each repeat on each page to get me something like:

Page 1:

student id

name

John Doe

site

Harvard

birthdate

3/11/2000

course

term

grade

Math

Semester 1

Science

Semester 1

Math

Semester 2

Science

Semester 2

Page 2:

student id

name

Sally Johnson

site

MIT

birthdate

2/1/2000

course

term

grade

English

Semester 1

Art

Semester 1

English

Semester 2

Art

Semester 2

i have the bottom Tablix exporting correctly—each page is a different student, but i can’t seem to get the top Tablix setup correctly such that it will repeat at the top of each page before the grades

i have tried 2 workarounds, and 1 works, the other i cannot get to work:

• utilize Text boxes within the Header
    1. this works, but i’d like to try to utilize 2 Tablixes for this process if possible
  • utilize a Subreport
    1. i cannot get this to work unless i make the Sub report and the 1 Tablix side-by-side.  if i stack them 1 on top of the other, Power BI separates them onto different pages
    2. also, i can’t seem to match them up, even though i set a parameter in the subreport to match the same id number of the current page

thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmeyers ,

For the grades Tablix, make sure you have set the page break options correctly. You want to insert a page break between each instance of your group (in this case, each student ID). This can be done by adjusting the group properties in the Tablix.

For the demographics Tablix, since you want it to repeat at the top of each page, you might need to explore utilizing the header section of the report. However, as you've mentioned a preference for using two Tablixes, you'll need to ensure that the first Tablix (demographics) is configured to repeat its header on each page. Refer to the documentation:Show row and column headers on multiple pages in a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft ...

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hello v-rongtiep-msft,

thanks for your reply.  i have the page break and repeat headers options set correctly for both tablixes.  both tablixes work correctly if i have them side-by-side--when i print preview, the data and tablixes are perfect.  but i want to put the demographics tablix on top of the grades tablix so that page 1 would have student 1's demographics on the top of the page, then student 1's grades on the bottom of the same page.  right now if i put 1 tablix on top of another, the first half of the file is all the students' demographics data on their own pages, then the last half of the file is all the students' grades data also on their own pages

you mentioned potentially using the header as a workaround, but unfortunately, you cannot enter tablixes into headers.  i am currently utilizing text boxes and the header, but it would be more efficient to accomplish what i'm trying to do utilizing 2 tablixes--i just can't get them to alternate with each other on the same page

Hi @mmeyers ,

Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.