Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yvonne24
Frequent Visitor

Report matrix visual which is not updating

Hi all,

I created a report with on one page a slicer and the other page a matrix which is controlled by the slicer.

With the slicer I can filter on costumer-name.

The matrix contains conditional formatting and a lot of collapsable data (so I have a vertical scrollbar on te right, as it doesn't fit on 1 page)

What I want is a visualisation which can be shared with my customer. The visual needs to shows the matrix but the slicer can not be altered. So customers can only see their own data and not that of other customers. (can also be a dashboard, powerpoint, excel, pdf etc) 

I tried exporting to powerpoint. But embedded as image, does not give the customer the ability to scroll and collaps/expand. And embedded as live data, the customers need a powerbi licence themself to view.

I also tried create subscription. But than all customers get the samen filtered data, and nit just their own.

Can anybody help me out?

Regards,

Yvonne

By the way I have a powerbi Premium per user licence.

Slicer and Matrix.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yvonne24 ,

Please correct me if I misunderstood what you meant.
Are you referring to the fact that when you export the data, the data in the matrix is incorrect?
Did you select "Export data with current layout" when you exported the data?
Or did you apply RLS to your report?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Hi,

I use indeed exporting the data. However then I have to export te excel (still dynamic with selected client). However I need to do this every month for every client (hundreds).

When I use export to Powerpoint "insert graph" then the matrix becomes statics. So not able to scroll, or expand/collaps data.

When I use export to Powerpoint "insert live data" then I get an error message in powerpoint that powerpoint is not up-to-date. However I have office 365 with automated updates. So that is strange.

When I use the add-in within Powerpoint I get a dynamic view indeed, however it also includes a link to the whole report (including other clients).

Regards,

Yvonne

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors