Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

isma1992
Regular Visitor

Power Bi Report Server in Sharepoint Online

Hello, i have a server with Power Bi Report Sever, the intention is to insert one the reports in Sharepoint Online.

According to the documentation I attach (https://learn.microsoft.com/es-es/power-bi/report-server/quickstart-embed) this should be possible, but I have a couple of doubts.

The first thing is if someone who has done it can confirm that this is possible and works correctly for them.

On the other hand, I cannot find documentation on how to make the Report Server publicly accessible. Nor if this entails risks or any

If anyone can give me some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

True, but the reason people use the on-prem report server is that the don't want any reports to be accessible over the public internet. One option is to look at using an Entra Application Proxy Configure Power BI Report Server with Microsoft Entra application proxy - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

True, but the reason people use the on-prem report server is that the don't want any reports to be accessible over the public internet. One option is to look at using an Entra Application Proxy Configure Power BI Report Server with Microsoft Entra application proxy - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

What you indicate is an option for what I'm looking for, thanks for the help @d_gosbell 

isma1992
Regular Visitor

Hello, @d_gosbell , in the first paragraph of the article it sais "In this article, you learn how to embed a Power BI Report Server report by using an iFrame in a SharePoint page. If you're working with SharePoint Online, Power BI Report Server must be publicly accessible".

I understand that it is possible.

Thank you.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

That article is not about embedding in Sharepoint Online. It is about how to embed in Sharepoint On-Prem. 

If you want to embed content in Sharepoint Online you should put that content on the Power BI web service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.