Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

px
Regular Visitor

Power Bi Report Builder | Limited Rows in Sub Reports

I am unsure if this is a limitation of the Power BI service or not, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Synopsis:
Using Power Bi Report Builder's sub-reports, we can select an account in a top-level report and pass parameters to display related information via sub-reports. If we load 42 or more rows in any one subreport, the workspace will refuse to display the data after it loads the rows.

px_0-1691527715176.png

In this case, we made a simplified version that has only 1 sub report that contains 84 rows. The other row is the name of account on the Top-level report.

Notes:
The sub-report will load as long as there are less than 42 rows in each sub report in the Top-level Report.

When there are more than 42 rows we are able to pull the data without issue from the backend.

Thank you, - Ian

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I cannot reproduce this issue. I have sub reports that show hundreds of records without a problem. Have you possibly set a fixed width in one of your cells and set CanGrow=False somewhere?

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Same here. we have a customer with nested subreports (3 layers) with more than 50 rows to show and it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.